Monday, November 2, 2009

Certain

I was certain that I had put my keys on the coffee table when I came in. Yet as I stared blankly at the surface, no keys were materializing. These lapses in memory, in time, are happening more often now. I now often wonder how it will manifest itself as it worsens. What will I forget next?

It all started when I wished that I could just forget pieces of my life. At the time, it seemed like an innocuous wish. Yet the next morning, there I was, standing and staring at the coffee table with the look of determination crossed with confusion painted across my face. Everyone loses their keys, I tell myself. I KNOW that I put them here. It couldn't be that the one wish that comes true in my life is this one. In this Murphy's Law life that was thrust upon me one eventful New Year's Eve, I wouldn't be surprised at all if that were the case.

0 comments: